Open for Business
Power Ledger puts the power to manage the energy economy into the hands of consumers.
Almost a quarter of Australia’s housing market is locked out of the distributed energy economy because of the inability of existing systems to demonstrate who benefits from rooftop solar PV in strata-titled developments.
Power Ledger is all about power to the people: everyday people harnessing the energy of the sun on their rooftops, and effortlessly trading it with their neighbours via our world-leading technology,” Jemma Green, Power Ledger Chairperson.
The Power Ledger system uses blockchain technology to allow residents to trade electricity amongst themselves at a price greater than available feed-in tariffs but lower than residential retail tariffs, providing an incentive for more developers to install rooftop PV on strata-titled developments.
The peer-to-peer trading system allows property owners and residents to access the benefits of rooftop photovoltaics in a clear and transparent way, generating significant savings for electricity customers, and maximising the value of investments in sustainable energy infrastructure.
Power Ledger’s first commercial product is available for deployment NOW. This product is the outcome of trials completed in the Western Australian market place where we demonstrated the value of Power Ledger to consumers, the improved financial return to those who invest in solar PV and access to low-cost renewable energy for those who can.
Power Ledger allows renewable energy asset owners to decide who they want to sell their surplus energy to and at what price.
Who we are
Power Ledger is a blockchain software company, that provides solutions which facilitate retail and wholesale energy markets , to create a safe, sustainable and sensible energy market place. Power Ledger is the brainchild of five individuals whose skills are essential to the successful development and deployment of our system:
- Jemma Green (Founder & Chairperson) – 15 years experience in finance and risk advisory in investment banking in London and a doctoral research fellow at Curtin University Sustainability Policy (CUSP) Institute.
- David Martin (Founder & Managing Director) – 17 years experience in the electricity industry, including executive positions in electricity utilities and as specialist consultant in regulation and evolution of distribution networks.
- John Bulich (Founder & IT Lead) Specialises in development and commercialisation of technical/commercial blockchain technologies.
- Dr Govert van Ek (Founder & Financial Lead) Expert in total technology, technology conceptualization, implementation and the blockchain and has been the CEO of private and ASX listed companies.
- Jenni Conroy (Founder & Regulatory Lead) 30 years experience in the Western Australian energy industry, 7 years of which she has run her own energy consultancy.
To commence arrangements for product deployment please contact us